Monday, May 13, 2013

Lavender

I love my lavender. Lavender by doterra is stronger and purer than any lavender herb or oil on the market. I love the smell and it calms bee stings, and helps me sleep. I also add it with Lemon and Peppermint for my allergies. At church a little baby boy was really having a ruff time teething. I asked his dad if I could apply Lavender to his feet and he said "Yes it smells great" So I did and within 10 minutes the baby was running down the hallway all smiles and giggling. I love lavender. I have even just taken the lid off in an area where tempers were flaring and you could tell in a few minutes it was a calming effect.


 Here is what I found on the doterra everyday website:


EO Spotlight: Stay Calm with Lavender Essential Oil


resize 6Lavender is one of dōTERRA’s best selling essential oils and for good reason. Lavender essential oil can be used in hundreds of different ways from helping you sleep better to reducing stress.
Lavender is known as the ‘calming oil’ and is often used to assist in balancing the body. Lavender is most commonly used to soothe the occasional skin irritation, help improve quality of sleep, aid in calming nerves, and more.
Check out the following studies on how Lavender was shown to improve sleep and decrease stress.
  • Study: The quality of sleep in patients was significantly improved after aromatherapy use of lavender essential oil. The study shows that aromatherapy with lavender essential oil can improve an individuals quality of sleep and health. Read the full study here.
  • Study: The use of lavender and rosemary essential oil sachets reduced test-taking stress, in graduate nursing students, as evidenced by lower scores on test anxiety measure, personal statements, and pulse rates. Read more about the study here
resize 4
  • Study: When lavender was applied topically, nurses in an ICU setting demonstrated decreased perception of stress, in the intervention group, during three 12-hour worked shifts. Read more about the study here.
Tips from dōTERRA:
Apply Lavender to the bottom of your feet, before going to bed, to aid in improving sleep quality.
Diffuse Lavender to promote peace and a general sense of well-being.
Apply a small amount of Peppermint and Lavender to your temples to assist in reducing stress.
Chapped lips? Put 1 drop of Lavender on your lips to help sooth and soften.
Tips from dōTERRA‘s Facebook Fans:
“Monster spray – Place Lavender and water in a glass spray bottle. Kids use it to scare away monsters and eventually fall asleep.” -Rachelle Christensen Castro
“Stress reducer – 5 drops Lavender, 5 drops Frankincense, 5 drops Peppermint, and 1 drop Deep Blue. Rub on temples, neck, and the bottom of feet.” -Angela Wimbish

“I use it to deal with my allergy symptoms in combination with Lemon and Peppermint. LOVE.” -Claire Murtagh O’Hara
resize 5
“Sunburns – A friend told me she used it for sunburns so I gave it a try. The sunburn was gone quickly, and my skin tanned and never peeled!” -Aubrey Owen


“Put a few drops in a carrier oil and use for an itching tummy while pregnant.” -Katie Crocker
“Use it with coconut oil, it’s the best treatment for diaper irritation! -Melanie Andersen
“I am an esthetician and use this oil when doing a scalp massage. Clients LOVE it!” -Sarah Ferrell Horwich

Don't forget you have 2 days left to get free deep blue with a 200 PV order. Email me or shop at my store.
Brenda Sissel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The advice shared in this site has not been evaluated by the FDA. The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor is it intended to replace proper medical help. As you look for answers, kindly understand that essential oils work to help to bring the body into balance - thus helping the body's natural defenses to restore homeostasis. Essential oils are not used to "treat" medical problems.