Thursday, April 25, 2013

Nerve Damage


NERVE DAMAGE AND NEUROMA




Do you suffer from burning, tingling or numbness in you legs or feet. I do and mine has been diagnosed as neuroma and a crushed sciatic nerve. Some people have these problems from other health problems such as diabetes ect. Whatever the cause it is painful and we need away to take care of the Root of the Problem not just take away the pain. When we treat the root of the problem - nerve damage, we can have better health and less pain.

I found this information from www.everythingessential.me a website dedicated to helping us find the ways to treat the root of the problems with DoTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. I have been using doTERRA for over a year now and have been able to heal almost all my health problems. I have eliminated all prescriptions. I have suffered for over 35 years with various health problems and as I grow older I have found my feet are starting to really cause a lot of pain. I have been using AromaTherapy for many health issues and have found that it has helped my feet the most. Although sometimes I think as we work on different health issues we find that things get worse for a few days or weeks before they get better, BUT they do get better. At least from what I have seen from my experiences and others I have helped.
My feet for example, I have been using the Aroma Touch for over a week now and the first week my feet felt wonderful, I was even able to wear my church shoes which normally hurt after less than an hour. Then this week they got worse but now they are starting to get better. I found this situation with a lot of my health problems as I developed the knowledge to help my situation and get to the root of the problems. As we get older new problems may creep up but I have been able to adjust my oil usage and use a new formula here or there and have been able to take care of the issue. I am so thankful for these wonderful "little" miracles. (They may be little but they are big miracles to me).

Being able to use these wonderful gifts of the earth, instead of using prescriptions is so much better than all the chemicals and synthetics in prescriptions. Yes they synthesise the natural plant but they only take one of the constituents from that plant and loose the value of the 100's of constituents that the plant uses to heal itself. When we take one from all that are supposed to work together they don't work like they were made to do. So we lose potency and gain chemicals that are bad for us and cause us to be even sicker sometimes. Remember they give you one med and then you get a side effect from it and then they treat the side effect and then another side effect and then another. An eternal round of meds. So Yes we need doctors and medicine for some emergencies but I don't think we were supposed to be "Hooked" on meds. Which in my opinion was what happened to me. We were not made to live on prescriptions all our life. We were made to be healthy, vital human beings with the knowledge to help our bodies heal itself. 


So with this in mind here are some ways that have been proven effective with DoTERRA Essential Oils;

Oils, blends & products recommended:

Oils & Blends:  AromaTouch, Balance, Cypress, Geranium, Helichrysum, Juniper, Peppermint, Roman Chamomile
Essential oils based products:
Also consider: Birch, Cassia, GrapefruitC, Lavender, Lemon, LemongrassC, Marjoram, Oregano, PatchouliC, Vetiver
(The c represents contemporary experts suggestions. The Main oils to use are listed in Red, but not everybody has the same needs. Some oils work better and others work better for others. So The Green are listed for some of those that the red list might not help.) Also You don't need all the oils try some of the suggested protocols that have been tested by others and have worked for them first.
Suggested protocols:
Nerve damage can come from a variety of sources.  If uncertain consider the possibilities of viral or bacterial infection, muscle spasms or cramps, local inflammation, or other root causes and use oils recommended for these concerns.  For repair and regeneration of nerve tissue Frankincense, Helichrysum, and Roman Chamomile are most often suggested. More complex protocols also increase blood circulation to hasten healing and may have oils for pain management.  Below are three protocols suggested:
Restore damaged nerve tissue:
·  Apply 1 - 2 drops of Frankincense and/or Helichrysum to the affected area 2 to 3 times daily to restore .
Restore damaged nerves, including increased circulation:
·  5 parts - Helichrysum
·  3 parts - Cypress
·  8 parts - Geranium
·  2 parts - Juniper
·  1 part - Peppermint
3-4 drops topically to the area of damage 2-3 times per day.
Restore damaged nerves, increased circulation, pain management, and infection protection:
·  15 drops Geranium
·  10 Helichrysum
·  10 Wintergreen
·  8 Marjoram
·  6 Cypress
·  5 Peppermint
·  2 Clove
·  2 Lemon
3-4 drops topically to the area of damage 2-3 times per day.



Experiences and Testimonials of others

Terry – An acquaintance has nerve damage caused by shingles. His doctor has him taking the same drug given for epilepsy. He'd like to know which oils would help heal his nerve damage. Maybe something to get rid of the shingle virus (or whatever it is) that tends to come and go now. Can anyone tell me more about that?
Pat - Frankincense dropped under the tongue daily and Marjoram applied with a spray apparatus when the shingles are topical.
Janyce - I have recommended Peppermint to repair nerve damage.  I have been using it on my foot neuroma and it is helping a lot.  Just a suggestion.
Heather - Is it kinda like neuropathy? Aroma touch and Lemongrass are good for nerves and circulation.
Pat - Melissa is what we use for killing virus, Marjoram will assist with pain and topical blisters and then Helichrysum for repairing the damage.
Temple - My mom has some pretty serious nerve damage, and her RN after neck/ back/spine surgery recommended that she use Peppermint oil on the back of her neck during her recovery.

Sue – I have a friend who has ended up with facial nerve damage after she got an infection in an eye tooth from an old filling. The old tooth and filling have now been removed but the nerve damage was the result. I am thinking On Guard  for any infection. But not sure about the nerve pain. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
DeEllen - Helichrysum is good for nerve damage and Birch, cayenne, and Ginger "hinder the production of neurotransmitters that carry pain messages from nerve endings to the central nervous system." I don't know if that helps or not, but I got it from notes I have about essential oils and pain.
Pat - Roman Chamomile is also good for nerve damage and it also regenerates. I would use any of these oils directly on the surface of the face and drop Frankincense under the tongue.

April - My mom had a tongue cancer removed and in doing that has had some serious nerve damage, both on her tongue and on the outside of her mouth on one side.

1. She can't move any muscles on one side of her mouth and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for helping bring the feeling back. I'm not sure if anything can be done since it was damaged in surgery, but I wanted to try for her.

2. She has a condition her doctor calls "burning tongue." She says it feels as if she has just had too-hot hot cocoa and her tongue has been burned. She has this sensation constantly, which is painful for her. Any thoughts at all would be very greatly appreciated.
Kathy - I would try 1 drop of Helichrysum and 2 drops of Lemongrass in 1 teaspoon of carrier, then swish and pull the mixture around the tongue twice per day - morning and night (you don't need to swallow). See if she feels a difference after a few weeks of consistent use.  Use grapeseed, coconut oil, water or vco for a carrier.
Rob - I was looking through my older notes on nerve damage protocols, and found this suggestion had been effective for some...
15 drops Geranium, 10 Helichrysum, 10 Wintergreen, 8 Marjoram, 6 Cypress, 5 Peppermint, 2 Clove, 2 Lemon
3-4 drops could be used topically as close to the area of the damage as possible, and added to a carrier and used as an oil push for 10 or so minutes per day.

Mahina - I was wondering what the best protocol would be for your husband who has smashed his pointer finger with a hammer. It has been a few days, but there is a blood blister underneath the nail and I don't want it to die and fall off. Ideas?
Katie - I did this to mine, though it was with a water bottle.  I can't tell you how much it hurt, and throbbed for hours.  I still have some nerve damage, but I thought for SURE I would lose my nail.  I didn't though.  I applied Frankincense and Lavender and a drop of Helichrysum several times each day.  I also applied Basil for the nerve damage, and although I still have a little less sensitivity to my middle finger, I can feel it well and I didn't lose my nail.  It absorbed into barely a little blood blister.  Hope it works as well for your husband.
Diane - My husband did this as well, and very bad, thought he was going to lose the nail too. I used Oregano and Lemon for the pain, and then Deep Blue for tissue repair (I'm still building my collection, so I don't have many like Helichrysum yet). It's still badly bruised, but he still has the nail. He stopped letting me apply oils after a couple of days though.
Jan - Add Lavender to that mix. I cut my pointer  finger to the bone two weeks ago, thought I was going to have to have stitches. It swelled up and lots of bruising. I just put Frankincense, Helichrysum, Melaleuca and Lavender on the cut and bruising and in 2 days the swelling was down and in 4 days took the bandage off completely. It was all healed. Awesome oils.

Shannon - Can anyone give me some ideas on what to use for nerve damage to feet and back. My husband back in 98 broke his pelvic bone and ruptured some discs in his back and has since had severe problems with his feet hurting, numb, cold. He started anodyne treatments and that made them worse. Any suggestions on how to get him feeling better! PLEASE!!!
Kathy - I would say for Nerve Damage: Helichrysum, Geranium, Peppermint, Cypress (doTerra AromaTouch oil would be good too) rub onto nerve-damaged areas as well as on the bottom of the feet.  Try the AromaTouch Technique too if you can.
I also found this recommendation to restore damaged nerves:
·  5 parts - Helichrysum
·  3 parts - Cypress
·  8 parts - Geranium
·  2 parts - Juniper
·  1 part - Peppermint
The recommendation was to apply in the above order.  If an oil is not available (ie Juniper) skip or use an oil with similar constituents.  
Nancy - I attribute Dr Hill with this procedure for “neuropathy of the feet”.
·    It starts with 2-4 drops Balance, rub into feet (then I usually cross right hand to left foot and left hand to right foot and hold until I feel a 'connection')
·    Next, on one foot, add the next three oils, either separately or combined: 2-4 drops Cypress,2-4 drops Basil, 2-4 drops Marjoram
·    Finish with 2-4 drops Peppermint
·    Finally cover with hot moist towel and perhaps a dry towel to keep the heat in for the longest time.
Repeat on other foot. The time varies on relief, and some day’s response is better than others, but keep using it and you should notice a difference.

Loryjean - I have nerve damage in my legs and hand. The very first thing is the Lifelong Wellness Pack, for nutritional support. Balance 2-3 times a day. I use Vetiver, Marjoram, Cassia, Birch and I also do the Candida Cleanse for 3 weeks about every six weeks, followed by PB Assist. Susan Lawton suggested rotating oils for chronic conditions, so I am going to try some others from time to time. I also use Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint every day. Because part of my problem is inflammation, and if he's been injured, his probably is, too- I use Oregano on my feet night and morning with the Birch, as well. I am getting better; I don't expect to be totally relieved from problems I've had for years, but doTERRA HAS made an incredible difference in my life! Best of luck to you.
Shannon - Thanks~! I will give it a try!  What if I am rubbing it on his feet do I need to do it differently? Hope it works~ I am desperate for some relief for him~ LOL
Dian - Have him lay on his stomach and rub it on his back on the area of the damage then put a warm towel and a blanket over that, then on the bottom of his feet and have him put socks on to help warm the oils for better absorption.
Pat - One of our new oils, Coriander is known to help with poor circulation and Roman Chamomile is a powerful new oil that increases the ability of the skin to regenerate, helps the liver reject poisons and is good for restless leg. Any of these conditions could be part of what he is experiencing.

Take care and I hope you have found something that will help you. To order any of these doTERRA products  go to www.mydoterra.com/176014 or email me on how to get the wholesale prices of 25% off,for a small  $35 enrollment fee or a preferred customer account for a one time fee of $10.00 and get 20% off.



Brenda Sissel 


4 comments:

  1. Which oil good for my moms nerve damage lower back,
    s
    Ides of her thighs calves to feeut,pain numbnieys bad sometimes cannot feel hot water,tingling and numbness in feet cramping in legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restore damaged nerves, including increased circulation:
      · 5 parts - Helichrysum
      · 3 parts - Cypress
      · 8 parts - Geranium
      · 2 parts - Juniper
      · 1 part - Peppermint
      She needs to use this every day consistently. Consistency is the big word here. It will take time, it doesn't heal it overnight, it may take months to restore the feeling in the legs and feet. The cramping in the legs would be helped by that also. I also found using the Life Long Vitality supplements because it helps the inflammation in the body. All pain is from inflammation.

      Delete
  2. Love the blogs, a great recipe blend to use is 6 drops each in a veggie cap of frank, marjoram, lemon grass equivalent to pain medicine percocet...you get the healing benefit of these three power hitter essential oils from the inside out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That capsule works wonders. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor or medical professional. The information shared in my post does not constitute medical advice. Furthermore, individuals are recommended to seek professional medical assistance in the event they are suffering medical conditions. Most importantly, consider becoming your own health and wellness advocate.