Thursday, March 14, 2013

Tourette Syndrome or Neurological anxiety

Tourette Syndrome or Neurological anxiety

I found this information for those of you who suffer from Tourette Syndrome or Neurological anxiety, I hope this helps.

Summary

Tourette’s syndrome is a neurological disorder that starts in childhood and is characterized with the child making uncontrolled repetitive movements or sounds that are referred to as tics. These tics may include actions such as jerking the arm, shrugging shoulders, jumping, kicking, blinking eyes, clearing throat, coughing or blurting out offensive words.
These tics usually begin at about age 7 (anywhere from 2 to 12) and are more common in boys than girls. Heightened emotions, excitement or anxiety, can increase tics as opposed to a calm emotional state where the tics subside. Tics are usually diminished during rest and sleep. It is also reported that some with Tourette’s Syndrome may experience other neurological problems such as ADHD, OCD, depression or anxiety disorders. Many experience the symptoms being reduced in their late teenage and early adult years and with the exception of the discouragement that comes from being noticed there are no know detrimental effects to health or longevity from the disorder.
The reason for Tourette’s Syndrome is not yet known. It is a neurological disorder that is believed to be associated with the basal ganglia, frontal lobes or cortex regions of the brain and the neurotransmitters (dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine) that facilitate communication between nerve cells.



Carolyn Nelson


11/21/11


I have just come off the last of my meds after 25 years.  This last one was for Tourette Syndrome.  My tics are driving me nuts.   The Peaceful Child blend is supposed to help with TS, but something about the Vetiver doesn't agree with me.   Does anyone have any suggestions for something else they have used with success?

My TS is relatively mild...I don't have the tough stuff where one gets totally out of control and curses a blue streak(although sometimes I wish I had the 'excuse' to do so!)  Mostly facial/motor tics that make me crazy.   And grinding my jaw is not something I can abide.  Two of my grown children also have TS, although they haven't taken anything for it for several years.  I would love to find something to help them with their tics, too.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.   This group is a marvelous support!

Carolyn
Patricia Leavitt 

11/21/11


I have a nephew whose son had some great results from the oils.
The protocol we used for him was Frankincense under the tongue twice a day, rubbed on the spine in the morning and evening. Also Balance twice daily with the Frankincense, just put on the bottom of the feet and inside of the wrists.
The LLV was the turning point, there were great results once he started the LLV>
Pat

THE PEACEFUL CHILD BLEND IS AS FOLLOWS

  •  85 drops Vetiver (1/3 bottle), 
  • 30 drops Ylang Ylang, 
  • 20 drops Frankincense, 
  • 15-17 drops Clary Sage,
  • 10 drops Marjoram,
  • 30 drops Lavender
  • 35 drops Fractionated Coconut oil (optional)


ANOTHER TESTIMONY FOR USING THE OILS FROM:

Amanda - I have Tourette's Syndrome coupled with ADD. I have been using Serenity, Frankincense, and Citrus Bliss. I have noticed that the combination helps me stay calm and concentrate so I can get my work done during the day. I use it aromatically (using direct inhalation) and topically on the back of my neck and feet. At night I only use the Serenity and Frankincense to help calm my brain so I can sleep. At night I also use the two oils aromatically (using direct inhalation) and topically (back of neck and feet).  On a side note my family (on both sides) has a history of Tourette's and ADD/ADHD. We have noticed over the years in the tics that they are slowly going away. On my Mom’s side of the family: my Great Grandfather had some mild verbal tics, my Grandma has physical tics, my Mom is a carrier so she doesn’t have tics, and I have mild physical tics.

Kathy - I think many people believe that vaccines, which contain aluminum, msg, neuro-toxins, and cyto-toxic ingredients could be the cause of neurological diseases like Tourettes.  Children receive up to 70 or more different types of vaccines by the time they reach school age, and I would look for and follow any protocol possible to remove these toxic agents.
My experience is that using the oils in every way and often will begin to soften the horrible restless effects of diseases like Tourette's.  If it were me, I would institute the intake of natural chelators such as are found in helichrysum. I would also use oils that are high in sesquiterpenes like Ginger, Ylang Ylang and Myrrh and oils that cross the blood barrier like Frankincense, Vetiver and Sandalwood.
I would also suggest oils like Balance to and Serenity to calm and balance the body's entire body's energy system. Use your intuitions to decide application techniques.  But definitely consider a spinal technique, topically to the head and neck, and under the tongue with Frankincense.
JJ - Frankincense, helichrysum, myrrh and Vetiver.  I would incorporate these in a spinal treatment with Balance and Serenity.  I would also diffuse Vetiver and Balance in his room at night. Oils do well with neurological issues, it just takes patience and consistency.
Rob - I would put Frankincense under the tongue.  Apply Frankincense and Helichrysum on the spine and brain stem.  Use Balance and Serenity for calming the body.
You can check out the website from the woman who invented the peaceful child blend. 
 Peaceful Child will not cure disorders, but it is very nourishing to the brain and aids in balancing the entire central nervous system. When used regularly, it seems to diminish the intensity of the above-mentioned disorders and behavioral problems.
Peaceful Child is formulated with perfect amounts of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils by doTERRA. These essential oils offer the complete spectrum of all possible medicinal properties and are extremely concentrated. The essential oils I use in my blend are:  lavender, marjoram, clary sage, vetiver, frankincense, ylang ylang, and fractionated coconut oil.

You can order these oils for the blend through me at bgsissel@gmail.com or at my online store at www.mydoterra.com/176014

2 comments:

  1. What exactly is LLV? I have 2 kids with TS and my husband as well. I am new to all of the essential oils and uses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, LLV is a Supplement system called LifeLong Vitality Pack . I could send you some info if you will email me at bgsissel@gmail.com or call me 812-365-2027. My cell is 812-613-9202. Live Long Vitality Pack contains 3 bottles - Alpha CRS +, Microplex VMz® Food Nutrient Complex and xEO Mega® You can see more about these at:
      http://www.everythingessential.me/OtherProducts/LLV.html#page=page-1 I hope that helps. And there are ways to get them at a discount if you contact me.

      Delete